Thursday, August 19, 2021

 Prison Island 29 Teaser

Francesco walked over to Mouse and grabbed him by the shoulders. “How could I not worry? I’m not leaving you behind.”

“You’re not?” Mouse quirked his eyebrows.

“I don’t want to.”

Mouse caressed his face slowly. “I love you, Kekko. But once you get on that chopper, forget about me, okay?”

“What? The fuck you’re saying?” Francesco couldn’t hold his hurt in. He didn’t want to.

Mouse’s eyes were shiny and clear as he spoke. “Exactly what you just heard. Forget about me. Forget about this place. You belong there, not here. Not even with one single heartbeat, hear me?”

Francesco shook his head. He didn’t want to cry in front of Mouse like that, not when he was the one with chances of getting back home. Mouse embraced him and together they stood like that.

“What is it?”

It took him a moment to realize that Mouse wasn’t talking to him. He turned to see Karl in the door, the rain slushing down his wet clothes. There was something unreadable in his eyes. “Ty is sick. Mouse, come.”

He turned without another word. Francesco moved after Mouse without being told.

~

Full chapter already up on my SubscribeStar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

[Commissioned Work] The Scarred Bearer - Ch. 1 - Teaser Author's note: The following story is a commissioned work by someone who wished ...