Sunday, November 7, 2021

 

The Human Bearer 4 - Teaser

 ~

Okay, so he was dressed head to toes in something that looked like a brown tunic. His hair was combed carefully, but the rebellious strands were still making a bit of a ruckus.

 

“I suggest wearing a cap, master Rio?”

 

“If it’s the same as the rest, I say pass. I’m going to look like a monk.”

 

Kyle remained silent.

 

“Don’t tell me I still look fuckable in this?” Riordan stretched his arms.

 

“By master Xana’s standards, you still look fuckable, master Rio,” the bot replied.

 

“Wow.” Riordan smiled. “If I put on that ugly ass cap, will I still look fuckable for Xana?”

 

“Yes,” came the prompt reply.

 

“Damn.” He grimaced. “What would take then? To make me unfuckable?”

 

“I suppose, but it is only a speculation, that the only way to do so would be by ceasing to be alive.”

 

Riordan stared at the bot. “Kyle, you have such a fucked up sense of humor.” He shook his head.

 

“I had no intention to make a joke, master Rio.”

 

“Then you’re just funny by accident.”

 

“By accident? Unintentionally?”

 

“Exactly,” Riordan confirmed. “Now take me to Tasha, so we can get this rolling.”

 

***

 

The shopping district had been modeled to accommodate human bearers mostly, so Riordan didn’t feel out of place. If it weren’t for the young Xenos using the fountains to bathe and frolic happily, it would have looked like any other mall on Earth.

 

“Hey, bearers,” some young Xeno threw in their direction.

 

“Don’t look,” Tasha warned and quickened his pace.

 

“Okay,” Riordan agreed.

 

For him, it seemed pretty stupid to act like damsels in distress over some catcalls. But Kyle was there, together with Tasha’s bot, and the words of caution spoken earlier were fresh in his mind.

 

A young Xeno slithered his way, blocking their path. He was almost as tall as Xana, and his platinum hair fell in a cascade on his naked shoulders. Riordan stared. So the Xeno was as good as naked. The scales of his bottom half were a light green, a tad different from what he had seen in his own master. The youth’s eyes were black, and Riordan felt a chill running down his spine. Xana was warm. This young Xeno was cold. When he smiled, he looked like a hyena. He was still beautiful, but his ugly nature was seeping through his façade.

 

The Xeno seemed interested more in Tasha, though.

 

“Hiding your pretty hair again?” the Xeno whispered seductively.

 

He removed Tasha’s cap and grabbed the redhead by the nape, pulling him forward.

 

“Hey, pal,” Riordan intervened. “How about you see about whatever it is you guys like doing and let us be? We may be bearers but we’re taken.”

 

The young Xeno seemed taken aback by Riordan’s audacity. He narrowed his eyes while staring at Riordan thoughtfully. “Who are you?”

 

Tasha freed himself from the Xeno’s grip with some difficulty.

 

“Let’s go,” Tasha told Riordan and they began walking.

 

Riordan threw a look behind, only to see Kyle and the other bot blocking the Xeno’s path.

 

“Tasha, know this,” the Xeno yelled. “The day you’re let go, I’ll be inside you so deep that you won’t be able to live without my seth!”

 

“Who’s the creep?” Riordan questioned.

 

Tasha was white as paper. “Some Xeno that doesn’t let me be.”

 

“That’s why you wanted company?”

 

“In a way, yes. Two guarding bots are better than one.”

 

“Tell Marn. Have this idiot eat dirt.”

 

“That would be pretty difficult. Seeing that he’s Marn’s son.”

 

“What? I thought you were the one to give your guy an heir.”

 

“Well, I don’t know exactly what Marn is thinking, but he wants another child, besides Xer.”

 

“That the asshole’s name?”

 

“Yes. For some reason, he has it bad for me, and there’s nothing I can do about it. I told Marn, and he just replied that Xer is doing what his age dictates.”

 

“And by that, he means he has no issues with his son being a total dick.”

 

“Pretty much, yeah.”

 

“Tell me again how awesome your guy is.” Riordan grabbed his friend’s arm.

 

“He’s better than most.” Tasha looked away. “Look, Riordan, on Earth, I was a nobody, okay? Nobody gave a damn about me. Here, at least, I feel like I have a purpose.”

 

Riordan was about to reply, when he realized they were surrounded by a posse of young Xenos. He tried to look behind and call for the guarding bots, but he was grabbed by a strong tail.

 

“This one’s old,” he heard his captor complaining.

 

He drew a long breath and focused. The sudden hit to the stomach took the Xeno by surprise and he dropped Riordan to the ground. He used the breather to try to break free. On his hands and knees, he managed to break the enclosure.

 

“Kyle!” he yelled. “Call Xana now!”



Full chapter on my SubscribeStar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

[Commissioned Work] The Scarred Bearer - Ch. 1 - Teaser Author's note: The following story is a commissioned work by someone who wished ...